Under 14s pick up vital 3 points Dec 03, 2018

Warrenpoint Town Under 14s picked up three vital points when they travelled to Brownstown Park on Saturday 1st of December to take on local side Portadown.

It was the home side that dominated the opening stages of the first half , Oisin Mc Stay the Point keeper was called into action early on when he saved well from a long range shot from the Portadown centre forward, and when Ivan Savshak missed timed a tackle inside the area the referee had no choice but to award a penalty kick to Portadown. The resulting kick was hit high and wide ensuring that the first half remained scoreless. The second half seen a big improvement form the Point lads, Ethan Sousa started to control midfield, and played a delightful pass to Conor Mc Cluskey he calmly curled a shot from the edge of the box that found the right-hand corner of the net to make it 1-0 to Warrenpoint. The confidence began to grow within the young Seasiders and their dominance played soon resulting in it being 2-0. Harvey Simpson was the scorer following a splendid pass form second half substitute Ryan Clarke.  The speedy Kilkeel lad also had a part it the Points 3rd goal when his cross form the by-line was squeezed home by Stephen Reid who now has five goals in his last three games.  3-0 up and with only 10 minutes to play Warrenpoint Town thought the game was all but over but the home team had other ideas, they got one back following a mix up in the point defence, and within five minutes a cross from the right hand side was diverted into his own net by Simpson to make to 3-2.  Portadown pushed for the equaliser and they nearly sored their third goal but for a super goal line clearance from Man Of the Match Ryan Duffy, and the relief on the faces of the Point players as the referee blew the whistle to indicate to end of the match was there for all to see. Full time sore 3-2 to Warrenpoint.
Next up for the boys are Bangor at Home on Saturday 8th December venue and ko time TBC.