The following statement has been authorised by the Chairman and Management Committee of Warrenpoint Town Football Club.
Warrenpoint Town Football Club is an equal opportunities club and as such will not tolerate any form of sectarianism, racially offensive behavior or chanting.
We confirm that anyone caught making sectarian or racist comments may be arrested, prosecuted and banned from the Club.
Warrenpoint Town Football Club is committed to the UEFA 10 Point Plan and we will seek to promote the principles of the ‘IFA Football For All Campaign’.
If you hear any abuse of this nature, please report it to your nearest Steward or call the Helpline on 0800 169 9414.
The UEFA 10 Point Plan:
1. Issue a statement saying the club will not tolerate racism or sectarianism, spelling out the action it will take against those engaged in racist behaviour or sectarian chanting. The statement should be printed in all match programmes and displayed permanently and prominently around the ground.
2. Make public address announcements condemning racist and sectarian chanting at matches, either using FFA CD, or by reading script of CD directly over the PA system.
3. Make it a condition for season ticket holders that they do not take part in racist or sectarian abuse.
4. Take action to prevent the sale of racist and sectarian literature inside and around the ground.
5. Take disciplinary action against players who engage in racist or sectarian abuse.
6. Contact other clubs to make sure they understand the clubs policy on racism and sectarianism.
7. Encourage a common strategy between stewards and police for dealing with racist and sectarian abuse.
8. Remove all racist and sectarian graffiti from the ground as a matter of urgency.
9. Adopt an equal opportunities policy in relation to employment and service provision.
10. Work with all other groups and agencies, such as the players union supporters, schools, voluntary organisations, youth clubs, sponsors. Local authorities, local businesses and police to develop pro-active programmes and make progress to raise awareness of campaigning to eliminate racial or sectarian abuse and discrimination.
© Warrenpoint Town Football Club 2017