Aaron leads the way Feb 19, 2018

Warrenpoint Town under 18s continued their good form when they defeated Limavady United 2-0 on Firday night . Limavady started the stronger of the two teams and had Warrenpoint on the back foot form the off, their first chance coming after 5 minutes when a pass from midfielder Ben Crooks split the Point defence and Zac Mc Kenna had his shot well saved by Adam Mc Alpine. In what was a cold, blustery, rainy night, neither team played to the best of their ability, with little fluency coming from either team. Warrenpoint’s best opportunity fell to Ethan Doyle , when right back Aaron Keogh played a neat pass to Sean Mc Conville and his through ball found Doyle on the edge of the area but his shot was saved by Ben Young the big Limavady keeper. Soon after that a nice passage of play between Ethan Copes, James Magowan and the lively Eoin Flynn resulted in Copes just putting his shot wide of the upright.

The second half saw a vast improvement in Warrenpoints overall play , the introduction of Andy Fox, Keelan Mc Parland and Ian Hamilton gave the Point the edge up front, and with more urgency and aggression being shown by central midfield pairing Robbie Mc Ateer and James Magowan, the tide of play started to swing towards the Seasiders. Full back Aaron Pendan played a delightful pass to winger Sean Mc Conville and the ex-Newry player beat his marker and returned the ball to Peden who continued his run and the Dromore lad hit a beautiful shot with the outside of his right foot that beat Ben Young in the Limavady goal to give the point a well deserved 1-0 lead. Limavady were never out of this contest and they rallied and put pressure on the Points backline, but a solid defensive display from Danny Mc Avoy, Ian Hamilton Arron Peden and Liam Mathers insured that the Co Derry team were limited to long range shots that were easily saved by Mc Alpine Warrenoint Town keeper. With Limavady pushing for the equaliser they left gaps at the back, and this was exploited by Andy Fox who made an amazing run beating two players before being crudely apprehended on the edge of the area by James Kelly, referee Darren O Neill awarded a direct free kick which was sweetly struck by Robbie Mc Ateer that beat the keeper and won the game for the Seasiders. This result lifted Warrenpoint into second place in the league, level with league leaders Linfield who are next up for the Point lads.

Man Of The Match was Aaron Peden who showed great leadership and determination and topped of a fine performance with a super goal